Your health and well-being continue to be our highest priority, and we remain open because we have carefully planned and enhanced our office procedures to greatly minimize the risk of infection for our patients and our team members. Our own families are also patients here, so you can be assured that we’re taking care of you just as well as we’ll be taking care of them.
For your peace of mind, the measures we will be taking to provide a safe dental treatment experience include, but are not limited to, the following:
Upon Your Arrival at the Office
- Patients will be screened BEFORE entering the office and temperatures will be checked. Any patients showing signs of a fever or other symptoms of illness will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- ONLY patients will be allowed entry into the office. Parents and other family members will be asked to wait outside whenever possible.
- Patients are asked to wait in their cars or outside the office until their scheduled appointment time.
- The waiting area chairs will be spaced apart to allow for 6 feet of distancing.
- Disinfectant wipes will be placed near the water refrigerator. Coffee and cookies will not be out during this time.
- We will ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures in common areas of the office.
- As much as we enjoy spending time with our patients during their dental visit, we ask that you respect social distancing requirements by avoiding contact with others such as handshaking, hugging, touching or sharing non-treatment related items.
- We ask that patients do not bring any outside food or drink items into the practice
- All rooms will be COMPLETELY disinfected before each patient is seated, and public areas, including restrooms, will be cleaned and disinfected frequently throughout the day.
- All operatories have high-volume air filtration and Ultraviolet/Ozone Air purification on the HVAC that kills viruses and bacteria. These units are capable of removing particles smaller than COVID-19 viruses.
- For patients requiring nitrous oxide during appointments: we will continue to provide the nitrous oxide at no charge but will require patients to purchase their own reusable nasal hood for $10. Your personal nasal hood will be used each time nitrous oxide is needed.
- Our team will STRICTLY follow guidelines set forth by the CDC, OSHA, and ADA in regard to personal protective equipment (PPE) and office sterilization.
- During patient care, goggles or face shields will also be worn.
- All surfaces that came in contact with the patient will be wiped with disinfectant including the patient chair and the accessory chair where the patient placed their personal items and/or coat hanger.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
- Checking out will be done chairside whenever possible.
- A marked spot will be placed for 6 feet of distancing at the checkout desk.
We will be making a cautious gradual return which will further help comply with social distancing guidelines. This will also, fortunately, enable some staff to care for their families and children that remain home during this time.
We will miss the handshakes and hugs, hopefully for only a short time.Dr. Bob
Also, the Department of Health has a website that can immediately tell you if the COVID-19 vaccine is available for you currently. If not yet, they will send you an email or text when you are. Here is the simple link to find out.
Check Your COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility